It takes courage for a person to become an entrepreneur and take all the risk tied up with the investment. On the other hand it is a great sense of pride and achievement to launch your big idea and present it to the market.
In this fast moving era and the digital world it has become quite hard for startups to survive and grow. There’s strong competition in markets around the world and if you fail to plan you’re definitely planning to fail.
A strategy including digital marketing mix with a right blend of conventional marketing mix can give startups a great competitive edge.
Online startups can easily leverage digital marketing techniques to create brand awareness, engage with customers and position their brands in minds of their prospect customers.
Here are 10 quick tips to kick start your business. Make sure you tick your checklist!
- Foundation Plan: In order to succeed you need to start off right. A comprehensive research about the business should be conducted in order to select the right channels .The main points that need to be identified are; who’s your competitor, what is your unique selling point and who is your target audience. This will enable you to derive a marketing strategy and select the most suitable channels according to the nature of your business.
- Innovation: Customers today have become increasingly volatile and they are exposed to numerous options, making it hard for businesses to grab their attention and make loyal connections. Hence the technique to stand out and interest your customer is not to follow the crowd and implement new ideas within your niche. Bringing innovation in different stages of your business process will enable you to be ahead of your competition in early stages of your business life cycle.
- Brand Recognition: If you want to stay low key and your only expectation from your startup is to generate a steady income then skip this point. But if you want to create a brand more than a business then you got to read this. It is imperative to create a brand persona and a brand voice in early stages in order to be recognized and connect with your customers in long term. They intend to create a sense of belonging with the brand persona and that’s what makes them enthusiastic.
- Leading Edge Content: Content is that part of your investment that will give you consistent long-term results provided you implement it wisely and tactfully. Selecting the right channels for your business will not give results unless you have a comprehensive Content marketing strategy inline to compliment it. Creating relevant and informative content can enable you to establish yourself as a thought leader in your industry, resulting in brand recognition and customer loyalty. It will also help you in getting noticed by the search engine bots easily and rank you higher in SERP (search engine result page).
- Search Engine Optimization: Imagine having a startup in outskirts.What will happen? You won’t have any visitors right? Similarly having an online startup without search engine optimization will result in almost nonexistent web traffic as it will not show up in the first page of search engines. Creating credible and high quality backlinks and optimizing each of your web page with the right title, Meta description and focused keyword can get you quick results. An SEO audit can help you identify how users are interacting with your website and other social media platforms.
- Social Platforms: We all are more connected over social platforms than we are in the physical world and that’s a bitter reality of the digital world. However it is a great opportunity for brands to capture their audience and deliver their brand message. Having a social media strategy will prioritize your mediums and enable you to optimize targets to the actual results. The most famous social media platforms include Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn. The key for startups to leverage social platforms is to post regular content and use relevant hashtags to get noticed by the target audience. Influencer marketing is an effective element of Social media marketing. Influencers talking about your brand not only gets you attention and awareness but it also makes it trust-able by your prospect customers.
- Video Marketing: Video is a comparatively new marketing tool and is increasingly gaining popularity. It is proven by various studies that using videos for marketing not only boosts conversation but also uplift sales. According to a research 68% of consumers prefer watching videos to solve their product related problems. Google encourages videos and you are 53% more likely to get noticed if you have a video embedded in your website. It also helps customers to trust your brand. Hence using video marketing and Instagram or Facebook lives can still get you first mover advantage within your industry.
- Customer Relationship Management: It is one of the most important pillars of any business. If your customers are not satisfied and delightful by their buying experience your brand is going to have serious trouble in future. The two most important aspects in customer relationship management are promptly facilitating prospect customers or leads and patiently dealing with customers post purchase dissonance. In both cases your aim should be to maximize customer satisfaction that could leave a positive image in the minds of your customer and will eventually lead to a positive word of mouth.
- Storytelling: We all love sharing stories don’t we? Businesses have leveraged the art of storytelling to attract customers and connect with them in order to create familiarity with the brand. Storytelling actually portrays vision and businesses with a visions are greatly noticed. If used effectively it can boost sales in many ways.
- Occasional Incentives: Engaging with your customers is crucial for your success as it enables you to better understand their preferences and serve them accordingly. There is no better way to engage with your target audience than to offer them incentives in form of discounts and coupon offers. Incentives are a great way for startups to create brand awareness and increase traffic to your website.
NUTSHELL: It is a challenging task for startups to sustain such intense digital competition and get recognized as a brand.
There are some important guidelines to follow in order to be successful in the digital world. It is necessary to have a foundation plan based on comprehensive market research.
You need to be creative enough to bring out new ideas so as to have a competitive edge. In order to establish a brand you need to build a brand persona right at the beginning, for people to be able to connect with your brand.
Optimizing different social channels, implementing SEO techniques, creating quality content, prioritizing customers and occasionally offering them incentives can have incredible impact on the bottom line of startups.