At the core eCommerce is the buying and selling of good and services over the internet. There is has been a proliferation in online shopping around the world and customers are loving the ease of shopping within their reach. We have witnessed the boom in the eCommerce industry as we dwell more in the digital society than the real one.
Shopping online is now the new trend. Not only women but even men around the world are spending hours on the internet surfing for their favorite brands and comparing prices to make the most rational choices.
There are various benefits of an ecommerce store and businesses are shifting from brick and motor to online store. However in order to operate a successful ecommerce store you need to have a fully functional ecommerce website that is user friendly and ensure a smooth customer buying experience.
Customer experience is directly related to the usefulness of the website. The most important features for an effective ecommerce website that attracts traffic and get conversions are:
- Branding: The website should be according to company’s target audience. Layout, typography, colors and all other design features should be in line with the brand persona and the company goals. Website outlook should give a feel of the brand to the audience. This way your loyal customers or even prospect customers who are familiar to your brand will be able to trust you.
- User Friendly: We tend to lose interest from things that are too complex. That’s exactly the same with users who are searching for products online. They have thousands of options on the flicker of their fingertips. Thus in order to retain them you need to have a simple structure of the website with easy navigation so that user doesn’t bounce back. According to a research 76% of consumers say that the most important thing in a website is its ease of use. The easier it is the better the consumer experience. As a result you might end up getting a loyal customer.
- Product Reviews: The most effective yet easy solution for an eCommerce website is putting the rating and review option on the site. Customers look for advices of others and that helps them in trusting the brand. Their role is not only limited to searching and buying your product but also to recommend it to others. This portrays the confidence of the brand in their products and is an added value for the customers to know what others think about that product or service.
- Responsiveness: There has been an incredible increase in mobile traffic and most of the users are accessing internet from their mobile phones. Thus the website design should be responsive and compatible to all device. This is critical from different aspects. For user experience and convenience as well as search engine optimization.
- Payment Process: Having a seamless payment process is crucial for an eCommerce website. If the payment procedure is not smooth the customer will hesitate in returning back or might even exit without purchasing the product. Add to cart option should be clearly visible with all the product items. An efficient shopping cart is imperative for eCommerce success.
- SEO Friendly: A fully functional eCommerce website which is not SEO friendly is technically useless. It would mean that you won’t show up in the search engine result page resulting in almost no traffic and hence no sales. All the product descriptions should include relevant and lucrative keywords. These should be the terms that the users searches for when looking for the similar product. The web design also needs to be SEO friendly.
An E commerce store is a quite booming business and consumers around the world are preferring online shopping. To ensure a smooth and pleasant buying experience there are some points that need to be worked in an eCommerce store. The website should be relevant to the brand and should contribute towards brand recognition.
Having a simple and easy to use structure is vital to retain customers. It should also be compatible to all devices as most customers use phone to surf the internet. The payment process and shopping cart should be error free and smooth otherwise you will lose the customer. SEO friendliness is a must otherwise you won’t be even notice given such tough competition.